Application form for Grants
Guidance Notes for Completing the Application
Education & Training Grants are designed to help medical and allied professionals, hospitals, and organisations to develop and sustain cleft services in developing countries. These grants may be used towards participating in approved training programmes, and where deemed appropriate, visits to centres of excellence, attendance at conferences, workshops, etc.
The amount of funding available to grant applicants will depend on the nature of the application and the Future Faces Annual Education Budget.
Please note that under the terms of the grant any successful applicants will be subject to a review and will be required to submit a final report outlining the use of the funding, to include the outcome and benefits derived from it.
Applications for funding will only be considered by the Trustees if all of the following criteria are met:
- The application process has been completed in full.
- The beneficiary has clearly outlined the purpose for which the educational grant is to be used together with the expected outcome.
- A current and up to date Curriculum Vitae has been submitted with the application
- A budget has been submitted together with a breakdown of all proposed costs.
- A supporting letter has been submitted by a senior clinician who has regular clinical contact with the applicant
- A separate character reference has been submitted with the application
Applicants will be informed of the outcome as soon as possible after a decision has been made by the Trustees following thier meetings which take place on a regular basis.
Applicants should allow approximately two and a half months for the process
- Funds will only be issued following the receipt of an invoice and will normally be paid directly to the organisation in which the person works
- In circumstances where a grant has been agreed by the trustees of Future Faces to support transport and/or accommodation for the specific purposes of accessing cleft, lip and palate training and education, cheques will only be issued upon receipt of the original proof of purchase.
- Future Faces will expect a report at agreed intervals from the sponsored professional indicating progress to date.
- A final report must be submitted to the Chairman of Future Faces, clearly outlining the objectives, findings and the key outcomes from the programme of education within 30 days of completion.
- Future Faces reserves the right to withdraw funding at any stage if any of the information provided is found to be significantly inaccurate.
- Where the agreed plan is not carried out or prematurely terminated without due consultation to the charity, Future Faces may request the return of some or all contributions made.